Engineering and Technology
Other Engineering and Technologies
Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaíso
- City: Valparaìso,
- Commune: Valparaìso,
- Region: Valparaìso Region
• El programa de Doctorado en Ingeniería Industrial tiene como propósito la formación de graduados con sólidos conocimientos científicos y disciplinarios, capaces de realizar investigación autónoma e independiente, hacer contribuciones significativas y originales al progreso del conocimiento, al desarrollo de la Academia, y a la generación de enfoques y métodos de solución para problemáticas relevantes en el ámbito de aplicación de la especialidad.
• El Programa de Doctorado en Ingeniería Industrial está orientado a personas en posesión del grado de licenciado o magíster en algún ámbito de la Ingeniería u otra disciplina afín a la Ingeniería Industrial, con el siguiente perfil de ingreso:
Information analysis: The applicant must be able to search and analyze information, using information technology tools.
Self-Learning: The applicant must be able to analyze problems.
Communication: The applicant must be able to communicate effectively in Spanish by oral, written and graphic means, and must be able to read technical texts in English.
General Knowledge: The applicant must have knowledge in mathematics, probabilities, statistics, algorithms and programming, operations research, quantitative methods and systems theory, at a level comparable to that required in the subjects of the Study Plan of the Industrial Civil Engineering Career of the University.
The following is the profile defined for the graduate of the Doctorate Program in Industrial Engineering:
• Advanced knowledge of the specialty: The graduate must have knowledge of advanced topics in the two fundamental knowledge areas and in at least one area of knowledge related to the research focus of the program.
• Research capacity: The graduate must be able to independently and independently generate original and significant contributions to knowledge, in the research lines of the program. Must be able to actively engage in national and international collaborative research.
• Orientation to applied research: The graduate must be able to identify and generate approaches and solution methods for problems with high potential for economic and social impact. In addition, they must be able to formulate projects for the transfer of knowledge, technology and methods to companies and institutions, both in the private and public sectors.
• Systemic vision and synthesis capacity: The graduate must be able to conceive and design systemic, integrated and well-founded solutions related to complex problems in the research lines of the program.
• Communication: The graduate must be able to communicate effectively in Spanish and English through oral, written and graphic means. In particular, the graduate must be able to prepare and present scientific papers.
• Complementary skills: The graduate must be able to guide their actions towards the achievement of objectives and results. You must know the predominant models for innovation and technological development, and the sources and mechanisms for promoting R & D & I activities, especially at the national level.
Lines of investigation
The research focus of the program is the Design, Planning and Management of Supply Networks. In turn, the program has two fundamental training areas:
Quantitative Methods and Operations Research
Architecture and Formal Models for Systems.