Engineering and Technology
Other Engineering and Technologies
University of Valparaíso
- City: Valparaíso,
- Commune: Valparaíso,
- Region: V Region of Valparaíso
The general objective of the program is to train researchers with the ability to generate and integrate knowledge from the areas of Science, Engineering and Medicine that allow to provide answers and solutions, with an interdisciplinary approach, to problems in the field of health.
Those who have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in disciplines such as Biology, Physics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, Computing and Informatics, Medicine and other careers in the health area may apply to the Program. Applicants who have degrees or degrees abroad must present their certified documents, visas and authorized by the competent national authorities in case of being accepted to the Program.
The graduate of the Doctorate in Sciences and Engineering for Health from the University of Valparaíso will be a researcher capable of generating new knowledge and integrating it to contribute significantly to providing interdisciplinary responses to problems in the health area. In addition, they will be able to formulate and execute research projects in the area, as well as integrate interdisciplinary research groups.
Lines of investigation
1. Molecular and cellular physiology
2. Biomedical research in health and disease
3. Phytochemicals and synthesis of bioactive molecules with biomedical application
4. Health Sciences and Data Engineering
5. Assistive Technologies
6. Molecular and cellular mechanisms of neuropathologies
7. Rational design of drugs with biomedical application