Engineering and Technology
Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
University of Concepcion
- City: Concepcion,
- Commune: Concepción,
- Region: Biobío
TRAIN RESEARCHERS ABLE TO DESIGN, CARRY OUT AND LEAD IN AN AUTONOMOUS MANNER, RESEARCH RECOGNIZED AS AN ORIGINAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCES.
- Train professionals to carry out research autonomously for the advancement of knowledge of computer science
- To train professionals who can work in academic and research contexts in the public and private sphere.
- The DCC provides solid knowledge in transversal themes of computation theory, data structures and algorithms, on which the research lines of the program are developed.
The Computer Science Doctorate program seeks to select a body of students with an entry profile that allows them to carry out basic or applied research autonomously. That is why at the beginning of their training they must master the undergraduate contents of Computer Science, show interest in research in any of the research lines of the program, have a professional or academic career consistent with their interest in doing a postgraduate studies and show a commitment of dedication to their doctoral studies.
Graduates of the Computer Science Doctorate program will be trained to conduct research in institutions of higher education or independent research centers. Likewise, they must acquire the capacity and autonomy to undertake innovative scientific or technological research projects in both public and private research institutions. In particular, graduates of the Computer Science Doctorate program acquire training that allows them to:
- Show a deep and updated management in Computer Science, focusing on fundamental knowledge in computer theory, algorithms and data structures, and in at least one line of research of the program.
- Direct and carry out research in an original and autonomous way, helping to expand the frontiers of knowledge in Computer Science.
- Critically and autonomously evaluate scientific results and products within a framework of ethical commitment.
- Communicate research results and findings to the scientific and academic community
Lines of investigation
- Information systems
- Theory and Methods of Computing