- According to the analysis of the Council of Rectors (CRUCH) and the Demre, the incorporation of the ranking of grades benefited the municipalized establishments to a greater extent (72.9%), followed by subsidized individuals (64.4%) and paid individuals ( 48.4%).
- The executive vice president of the Council of Rectors, Juan Manuel Zolezzi, reported that this bonus allowed young people from municipalized high schools to have greater possibilities of choosing which career to study.
- "This was the objective pursued by the Council of Rectors when integrating the ranking into the admission process, giving better opportunities to access higher education to young people who could not access quality secondary education," explained Rector Zolezzi.
- Students will know today at 11:02 p.m. the results of their applications on the respective websites of the traditional universities and the eight private universities that adhere to the CRUCH admission system.
The 72.9% of young people from municipalized education were benefited by the introduction of the ranking of grades in the selection process to Chilean universities, reported this morning the executive vice president of the Council of Rectors (CRUCH), Juan Manuel Zolezzi when delivering the results of the process.
This variable provides an additional bonus -which varies between 1 and 150 points- for all those students who finished High School with an average grade higher than the average of the last three years of their graduation establishments.
The second most benefited group was that of young people from subsidized private establishments (64.4%), while 48.4% of graduates from paid private establishments received the additional bonus.
"We are satisfied that the objective of the ranking of grades was fulfilled to further benefit young people from subsidized municipal and private education, in the application process to Chilean universities," explained Rector Zolezzi.
"Without a doubt, this was the objective pursued by the Council of Rectors when integrating the ranking into the admission process, giving better opportunities to access higher education to young people who could not access quality secondary education. Many of the young beneficiaries had better weighted scores, which allowed them to enter their first application options, that is, they had greater possibilities of choosing what to study, ”he commented.
Applicants from municipalized establishments were the ones who received the highest bonuses for this concept. The 24% of young people from this educational dependency obtained by ranking between 51 and 150 bonus points, while the 23% of young people from subsidized private dependencies obtained a bonus in this same section and only 9% of young people from paid private schools achieved scores of this level.
80.6% of the applicants who took the University Selection Test (PSU) last December were selected to pursue a career from the 25 traditional and eight private universities attached to the single admission system of the Council of Rectors of Chilean Universities (CRUCH ).
This implies that the system selected 95,300 students from the 118,208 who applied in the process.
When analyzing the applications by type of educational establishment, it is seen that in the case of municipal establishments, of the 30,402 young people who applied, 23,117 were selected. In the case of subsidized private schools, they applied and 46,922 were selected, and in terms of schools 7,787 young people applied for paid individuals and 6,355 were selected.
This year the trend regarding the distribution of the best PSU scores remained similar to the previous admission process, the year in which eight private universities were integrated into the university admissions system of the Council of Rectors.
In this admission process, of the 211 young people who obtained a national score and were selected in one of the 33 universities attached to the admission system, 98% of them were admitted to the universities of the Council of Rectors and the remaining 2% in private universities attached to the system.
If the 5,000 best average scores in Language and Communication and Mathematics are considered, it can be seen that the 85% opted for a university of the Council of Rectors, while the 15% did so for a private university of the system.
When expanding the sample to the 27,500 best average scores in Language and Communication and Mathematics, it is visualized that the 76% chose a traditional university, while the 23% was selected in a private university attached to the system.
"This figure shows us that young people from subsidized municipal and private establishments continue to choose to train professionally at the universities of the Council of Rectors, and as universities we will continue to provide them with an education of excellence to support them on this important path," said Rector Zolezzi.